These Coaching Cubes are squidgy, robust, and bright, bringing a fun, tactile, and colourful edge to the coaching process. They are perfect for
- Making Coaching Fun and Engaging
- Promoting Active Involvement and Ownership of the Coaching Process
- Helping Clients Relax into Coaching
- Bringing a New Energy to Coaching
- Co-creating a Coaching Session with your Client
- Finding New Ways Forward in Stuck Coaching Sessions
- Training Coaching
- Team Coaching
- Running a Positive Psychology Coaching Session
- Coaching to the PRISMM Coaching Model
Designed by our founder Sarah Lewis, these six squidgy dice feature positive coaching questions and provide the basis for a complete coaching cycle. They are particularly useful for promoting new areas of discussion or unblocking stuck conversations with your client.
by our founder Sarah Lewis, these six squidgy dice feature positive coaching questions and are great for promoting new areas of discussion or unblocking stuck conversations with your coachees.
US Customers - you may wish to use our American partner, Coaching Toys, to order this product to save on delivery. Go to their site here
More Positive Psychology Tools
What is in your Coaching Cubes Pack?
One of the most effective techniques to help someone develop their own thinking is to ask them questions. Good questions prompt new thoughts, bring previous experiences to bear on present dilemmas, shed new light on the issue, and prompt plans for action.
This Coaching Cube set introduces 36 carefully worded and targeted questions suitable for use in any coaching situation.
The Coaching Cubes are designed to be used and rolled as dice. Each coloured cube is themed:
Your pack contains
- One Green cube of six questions thatexplores the positive aspects of someone’s work and life, positively affecting perspective and mood.
- One Blue cube of six questions thatidentifies people important to the situation, stimulating context-aware thinking.
- One Orange cube of six questions that creates shifts in perspective to throw new light on the topic, revealing new insights and possibilities for action.
- One Yellow cube of six questions thatilluminates ideas, values and energy, the powerhouse for energised possibilities.
- One Purple cube of six questions that creates movement, facilitating energised action.
- One Red cube of six questions thatclarifies first steps, the beginning of feasible, effective, motivated and energised change.
- A guide to the PRISMM Coaching Model
- The Following Guide to Using your Coaching Cubes
One of the most effective techniques to help someone develop their own thinking is to ask them questions. Good questions prompt new thoughts, bring previous experiences to bear on present dilemmas, shed new light on the issue, and prompt plans for action. This Coaching Cube set introduces 36 carefully worded and targeted questions suitable for use in any coaching situation.
Using your Coaching Cubes
The cubes are designed to be versatile. Here are seven suggestions for how and when you can use the Coaching Cubes to add value to the coaching process.
1) To support the coaching process from beginning to end
The cubes can be used to shape a whole coaching session from ‘exploring the positives’ with the Green cube right through to ‘deciding on actions’ with the Red cube. Alternatively, at any point in the conversation they can be used separately or all together, revealing a choice of 1-6 questions at each throw.
2) To facilitate self-coaching and engaging
Want to work on an issue of your own? Roll a cube and answer the question, roll another. Make notes on the thinking and ideas generated as you go. You will soon experience a shift in your thinking and new ways forward will begin to appear.
3) To help someone relax into the process
Perhaps you are working with someone who finds the intensity of one-to-one coaching uncomfortable. Using the cubes as dice gives them something to handle and focus on, while lessening the requirement for eye contact.
4) To promote ownership of the process
Actively involve the person you are working with. Let them select which dice to roll or question to answer to encourage active participation and engagement.
5) To support peer coaching or coaching skills training
The coaching cubes offer an instant resource to inexperienced or trainee coaches. One of the hardest coaching skills to learn is that of developing generative questions. By using the cubes the participants can access thirty-six useful questions.
6) To get a session moving again
If the conversation runs into a dead end, roll all the dice, look at the six questions together and ask your client ‘which of these are you most drawn to engage with right now?’ and pretty soon you will find yourself back in a productive place.
7) To move on from ‘why don’t you’, ‘yes but’ conversations
Even the most experienced coaches occasionally find themselves being drawn into this unfruitful exchange. Break the cycle by rolling the dice and asking questions that don’t contain any advice!
1. For customers outside of the UK, customs duties may be charged on your order, unfortunately we cannot pay these or incorporate them into our prices, they are your responsibility to pay. You should be contacted by your domestic postal carrier to pay these if incurred.
2. For bulk orders of over 10 packs please contact us with your requirements. We may be able to offer a discount.
3. If you have any incompatibility issues with our automated online payments system please contact Jem Smith directly to arrange alternative payment options at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need a playful helper for your coaching session or group discussion? The coaching cubes may be the right tool for you! I love to use them for icebreaker sessions in teamworkshops or to guide individual coaching sessions. The questions go deep directly and everyone I used them with felt quite moved after telling their stories. Thank you for this beautiful product
Since making the wise decision :) to include Appreciating Change�s Coaching Cubes in one of my corporate coaching sessions in early December, I have become a genuine believer in �Cube Power�.
What a superbly �simple� way to power-charge coaching sessions and motivate clients.
Have participants roll their individual Coaching Cubes and watch the magic happen as thought-provoking questions move your people to share insights on irksome topics. Enthusiasm for the Coaching Cubes increases exponentially as inhibitions lessen. Valuable discussions invariably pull loose �what if� threads together, thus promoting clear, precise, long-lasting �client authored� results.
Thank you Sarah!
I'm really looking forward to using these with my next coaching client. A playful approach with a serious purpose, to elicit good self conversation and insight.