Our Tell Your Story Cards are a fantastic way for groups and individuals to represent ideas, stories, feelings and much more to each other purely through visual imagery. With a mixture of carefully selected images and mathematical and other symbols on both sides these 45 cards offer thousands of possible different combinations. As well as adding a distinctive element to any coaching, training or group exercise these cards, with no language barriers, are even more suited to cross-cultural team events.
'This is the fourth positive psychology learning tool I have created to help with my consulting practice and it's the one I'm most proud of and excited about because the possibilities are endless - communication and understanding between individuals, in groups and across organisations can only be improved by helping people to tell their story!' - Sarah Lewis, chartered organisational psychologist, author, and founder of Appreciating Change and The Positive Psychology Shop
The cards, with the exception of the title card, are deliberately designed as ‘text-free’ meaning that they can be used with a wide audience in any country. The pictures have been selected to be open to interpretation. This means they can be used both literally e.g. a picture of a house represents an actual, particular house, or metaphorically. In this case the image of a house might be selected as a metaphor for feeling safe and contained.
The cards can be used to tell both positive and more difficult stories. So, to continue with our example of the house card, it, could be used to represent a happy childhood, or indeed a place of private terror and trauma. The emoji cards, indicating different emotional states can be used add emotional colour to the selected images, while the symbol cards can help indicate lines of causality or, such as with the ? mark, further states of emotion or cognition.
With this mixture of carefully selected images, emojis, mathematical and other symbols on both sides these cards offer thousands of possible different combinations.
These cards are ideal for for
- Life story work in coaching, therapeutic and many other contexts
- General Story telling work in any setting, including schools and workplaces
- Story work in any language
- Coaching, leadership development, team development
- Appreciative Inquiry, particularly the dream stage
- Any situation where it is hard for people to articulate their story for whatever reason
- In multi-lingual or cross-cultural events were there is limited common language
- Helping people express difficult stories, events, emotions
- Externalising a story so that other people can contribute to account, interpretation and development of the story
- Helping people reframe unhelpful stories and accounts that are limiting their potential
They are particularly recommended for coaches, consultants, educators and therapists.
1. The price stated does not include VAT. VAT may be added at checkout depending on the country the order is being shipped to.
2. For customers outside of the UK, customs duties may be charged on your order, unfortunately we cannot pay these or incorporate them into our prices, they are your responsibility to pay. You should be contacted by your domestic postal carrier to pay these if incurred.
3. For bulk orders of over 10 packs please contact us with your requirements. We may be able to offer a discount.
4. If you have any incompatibility issues with our automated online payments system please contact Jem Smith directly to arrange alternative payment options at: firstname.lastname@example.org